13 Apr Tips on dealing with seasonal allergies
Seasonal Allergy Symptoms.
Allergic rhinitis is the medical term for hay fever and seasonal allergies that occur not just in the spring, but also throughout the summer and into the autumn. While hay fever frequently begins at a young age, it can strike anyone, at any time.
Sometimes seasonal allergy symptoms fade over the years, only to reoccur later in life and the symptoms make you feel simply awful. Congestion, post-nasal drip, itchy eyes and sneezing wear your body down. While the severity of symptoms of allergic rhinitis varies widely from season to season, chances are if you have seasonal allergies, the symptoms impact your day-to-day life.
Allergy symptoms are caused when our bodies release histamine in response to an allergen. A strong immune system is key to fighting seasonal allergies. Stress plays a big part in the immune system, and unmanaged stress can lead to allergy symptoms. According to the British Institute for Allergy & Environmental Therapy, stress makes allergies worse, and once stress is properly managed and relieved, the symptoms
What makes spring so beautiful for many people leads to misery for those who suffer from seasonal allergy symptoms. There are several things that you can do to ease the suffering – here are some suggestions.
Ø DOTERRA’s TRIEASE SOFTGELS
· They help support against seasonal allergic threats and contain lavender/peppermint/lemon essential oils. This same combination of essential oils can also be diffused to help reduce symptom.
Ø MANAGE STRESS
· Try diffusing calming essential oil like Copaiba, Bergamot or Lavender
· Try meditation, yoga or mindfulness
· Try walking barefoot on the sand or grass (this is called earthing)
ØEAT LOCAL HONEY
· Raw local honey is at the top of this list, for good reason. In a randomized controlled study published in the International Archives of Allergy and Immunology, patients that consumed honey had significantly better control of their allergy symptoms than those on conventional allergy medications. Local honey works to relieve symptoms because it contains local pollen that is causing your allergies. A couple of tablespoons each day can relieve your itchy, watery eyes, congestion and the general symptoms of hay fever.
Ø PROBIOTIC SUPPLEMENT
· Probiotics modify the intestinal flora in the gut and help boost the immune system, plus they show promise in the treatment and prevention of allergies. While studies in using probiotics are still in the early stages, another study from the European Annals of Allergy and Clinical Immunology support the findings that probiotics can be an effective allergy treatment.
You may also find these lifestyle changes helpful during the allergy season:
· Stay hydrated. Drink eight to ten glasses of fresh water each day. If you get dehydrated, any mucus you have will become much more difficult to expel.
· Limit exposure. On high pollen count days, or days that are particularly dusty or windy, limit your exposure. Wear a mask if you cannot limit your time outdoors.
· Shower before bed. Pollen and dust left on your skin and in your hair overnight can make your symptoms worse.
· Wash clothes and bedding. Freshly laundered bedding and clothes help to reduce incidental exposure to allergens.
· Wipe down pets. Pets that spend time outdoors come into the home covered in pollen. Wipe them down with a damp washcloth to limit your exposure to pollen and dust.
· Replace carpeted areas with hard-surfaced flooring. Carpet attracts and keeps dust and pollen that is nearly difficult to remove with a vacuum. If you have significant seasonal allergy symptoms, you could benefit from replacing your carpet with an easy to clean surface.
· De-clutter. Clutter can increase house dust and allergens, which make your seasonal allergy symptoms worse. Remove clutter, especially from your bedroom, for the best results.
· Keep doors and windows closed. When pollen counts are high, or on dusty days, keep your doors and windows closed to limit exposure.
CMC stocks a wide range of DoTERRA products including Triease, Probiotic supplements and essential oils. For further information please contact our DoTERRA guru Karen either by calling the clinic on 723724 or email firstname.lastname@example.org– if you are interested in setting up a DoTERRA wellbeing box, where DoTERRA products are sent straight to your door at a discounted rate, then why not arrange a free ‘Wellbeing Box Consultation’ which can be booked via our website www.cmc.gg